Sunday, January 24, 2010

Public Service


I could never in a million years do any kind of job in the government arena. I mean seriously, there is not a time of day or a breath you take, when there isn't someone pissed off at you or judging you. I know we all bitch and moan, hell even I do ... and I am very glad we live in a country that allows us to state or views and frustrations. But damn - can you even start to imagine what it's like to live in the shadow of the opinions of the World Media and American Public?! I know, I know, there are those that say that they CHOOSE to live their lives in politics and they have to accept what they get. Honestly, I have issues with that statement. It's like someone telling me that, well Monkey you CHOOSE to be Gay (even though it's a DNA issue) so you must deal with the opinions of others. I didn't choose to be gay, just as people in public service didn't choose to want to help people and make a difference in the world - no matter what beliefs they have even if they differ from mine. It's in their blood.

This is why I want to say that
Cindy McCain has some character. I mean she is married to one of the most influential men in our government today. A man that will go down in the history books for so many reasons. A Republican who still has the courage to step up against Prop 8. She is taking a brave step to show that she does support gay rights and not afraid to let people know it.

You made the right choice Mrs. McCain and thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the whole photo series of the duct tape No H8. I only wish is was more out there for more people to see.

Anonymous said...

right on!!

Kim and Theresa said...

Hey its me!