Saturday, January 2, 2010

Our Dishwasher and Washing Machine Welcome in 2010


It's 2 below outside. Our streets are covered with ICE, which was once snow, but thanks to our wonderful Kansas City works department is now ICE.

New Years Eve our dishwasher decided that it was going to quit washing dishes and force us into the stone age and make us wash them by hand. D and I weren't going to have it, after all this was the year of our lord 2010 and by God ... we will have a working dishwasher. That mindset changed when we called the manufacturer and was told that they part needed would take a week to come in. So today, I will become a cave woman and wash the dishes.

To make matter worse, last night our washing machine decided that it to had enough of us and our 20th century way of thinking and blew some bearings. This action ruined three of my favorite T-Shirts. It was so loud that I thought it had decided to open fire on the dryer with a shotgun.

So... today D and I will be venturing out in the snow and ice to purchase a new washing machine. To accomplish this task I have to go out and take the two wood pallets out of the back of my truck that I have added for weight to drive on the icy streets of Kansas City, Alaska ... ah I mean Missouri.

We may have to be in the stone age and do dishes for a week, but we will be doing it in clean clothes and smelling like snuggle!

Ah the joys of owning appliances. When I turn blue, I just start breathing again.

4 comments:

Monkey Outlaw said...

Oh I intend on keeping up this time!!! Looking forward to reading about your year!

C.I.W. said...

Thanks for the comment-- and I look forward to reading your blog!

Casey

Anonymous said...

That makes two......

Monkey Outlaw said...

Thanks you two - looking forward to the New Yr!