Friday, January 1, 2010

Goodbye 2009 - Hello 2010



2009 was my 40th year on this planet. When I turned 40 in June it didn't bother me at all. Funny, on my 30th birthday I thought my life was over. On my 40th I just accepted the fact that I was now 10 years closer to my death date.

This was when I started thinking about how I would die and the EXACT moment that I was sure it would be of Swine Flu. Of all the shit that could kill me, all the risks I've taken in my life, the adventures I had been on ... my life would end with a disease named after a damn pig!

I went to the doctor for my annual physical. Along with the new grand adventure of getting my breasts smashed in a machine, and with the old adventure of jumping in the stirrups for that "Well Woman" check ... I had a new challenge to discuss with Old Doc Missy. "Do I or do I not get the H1N1 shot".

I live with a RN who says she thinks I should get it. I work in a field that places me at risk. I am getting ready to get on a airplane with 300 other people for 12 hours,breathing the sam air with them over and over again - to go to a Thailand and they won't even disclose how many people they have had come down with the Swine Flu.

I may get blown up in a plane by a terrorist. I may die if the plane crashes half way around the world. I might die in a Tusnami in Thailand.

But I will be DAMN if I die from Swine Flu!

4 comments:

small town dyke said...

welcome back!!! glad to know your not going to die of the swine flu,have fun in Thailand!

Monkey Outlaw said...

Thanks! Trust the next 30 days are going to be soooooo long ... can't wait to get there!

Anonymous said...

I leave for a long weekend, must of left the front door unlocked cause look what the fckn wind blew in!!!!

WELCOME BACK!

And for cripes sakes, nothing is going to happen to you. Haven't you ever heard the saying, only the good die young.

(I felt the same on my 30th too...and that's when I got my first tat)

Monkey Outlaw said...

LOL! See mamma always said to keep the door locked!

I got my first one at 30 too! Now I want more every yr!

Glad you're home safe hope you had fun!