Monday, February 1, 2010

Lay Back And Enjoy The Stress


Our vacation starts in a week. This will be our third trip to Thailand. It's a hidden treasure. People ask us all the time, "Why go there". I will be posting pictures and keeping a journal while we are gone so maybe some of those questions will be answered. Once our feet hit the airport floor in Bangkok, Mrs. Monkey and I become carefree and work free.


BUT the flight there is just another reason that one would choose to drink antifreeze. Mrs. Monkey is afraid of heights AND she is always late for everything. Me, I am early for everything and I can fly with NO problems. This causes the stress of "getting to ones desired location" HELL - and I mean the Lord of Darkness has his cover blown in the car when we are driving to the airport. We are always there on time, but BARELY!!! Mrs. Monkey is all stressed about setting foot in a tin can and flying and I am pissed because Mrs. Monkey is dragging ass. Then once we get on the plane in Kansas City we get the pleasure of visiting and changing planes at Chicago O'hare Airport. Seriously, it is the WORST airport in the world. I would rather smash my breasts with a mallet then go to that airport, but it's a shorter flight to get to Thailand so one must pay a due for that. Then from there we board the plane for a 18, yes EIGHTEEN hour flight to Japan. The last leg of the trip from Japan to Bangkok is five hours.

For now I will just lay back and enjoy the stress...


2 comments:

C.I.W. said...

How interesting!!! How did you ever decide to go there in the first place.... it seems brave... though I have a panic attack and pack three suitcases when I go to Green Bay for a weekend.

Can't wait to see the pictures! I am sure it is beautiful!

Casey

Anonymous said...

I know someone that used to go to Thailand every single year. And yes, I always wondered and asked the same question. Why there? I always thought it was because of the massages (since he's a man) so really, I can't wait to see and hear of your trip.

Long flights just suck. Get something that makes you sleepy (as in knocks you out) to help you through the hours. Good luck in Chicago, I avoid that if I can but in your case, it sounds like the better plan.

If I don't get a chance to write again, you and the Mrs. have a wonderful vacation.